SKIN CANCER PREVENTION
MAY 6, 2013Summer is coming and the tendency is to shed some layers and feel the sunshine. Its warmth can boost our spirits, but remember, it comes with a dangerous trade-off. The Skin Cancer Foundation recommends using a sunscreen SPF 15 or higher along with these other prevention tips:
• Do not let your skin burn.
• Avoid tanning & UV tanning booths.
• Use a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen (SPF 15 or higher).
• Reapply sunscreen every 2 hours.
• Seek shade between the hours of 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
• See your doctor every year for a professional skin exam.
SIGN UP FOR OUR PATIENT PORTAL
PATIENT PORTAL GETTING STARTED
As a patient of Bozeman Deaconess Health Group, you can now access important information in your medical record, request an appointment, and communicate with your medical office team online, with the click of a button, anytime of the day or night.
Go To Patient Portal